Nha Trang is one of the most famous beach cities in Vietnam. It is known as the jewel of the East Sea because of its beauty and gorgeous climate.
The diverse nature of the landscape has made it an attraction for many tourists. Besides the rich seafood and friendly people, Nha Trang becomes an ideal tourist destination that vacationers can't ignore.
In the article below, I would like to share the directions to Nha Trang Beach from Ho Chi Minh City.
There are 4 main ways to get to Nha Trang: By flight, bus, train, and motorcycle. Depending on your preference and health condition, you can choose the best way for you to get there. Another option is you can rent a car if you want to go with your own group.
1. Flight (1 hour)
From Ho Chi Minh City to Nha Trang, the airplane is the most time-saving but also the most expensive. This is one of the top choices of many travelers today.
There are three airlines operating flights from Ho Chi Minh to Nha Trang: Vietnam Airlines, Jetstar, and Vietjet Air. You can check out the route and cost of the airline's flights through its official website. Jetstar and Vietjet Air offer many discounts throughout the year so look around for deals.
Ticket prices will depend on the time of travel, especially during busy seasons such as summer, holidays, New Year. It ranges from $45 to $65 one way on weekdays.
Cam Ranh airport is about 35 km from Nha Trang City. From here you can take a taxi ($9 to $13) or airport bus (about $3) to the city center.
The advantage of this bus is that the bus will run after the aircraft of each airline landing 30 minutes or full of guests. You can buy a bus ticket at the bus stop at the airport entrance and take the bus at the left of the airport door.
2. Sleeping bus (9 hours 30 minutes – 10 hours)
Of all the different ways to get to Nha Trang, the bus is usually the first choice of travelers with its convenience and price.
There are many buses running to Nha Trang from the center of District 1, Ho Chi Minh City. The earliest bus is at 7:00 AM and the latest runs at 22:30 PM every day. However, most buses depart in the evening.
Here are some prestigious bus companies in HCMC:
- Phuong Trang (Futa bus): 272 De Tham St., Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, HCMC. Schedule 8:00 AM, 9:00 AM, 10:30 AM, 21:30 PM, 22:00 PM, 22:30 PM. Ticket price is about $10.
- Phuong Nam: 275E, Pham Ngu Lao St., Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, HCMC. Schedule 8:00 AM, 19:30 PM, 20:00 PM, 21:00 PM, 21:30 PM, 22:00. Ticket price is about $9.
- Nam Phuong: 269, Pham Ngu Lao St., Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, HCMC. Schedule 20:00 AM, 21:00 PM, 22:00 PM. Ticket price is about $9.
- Hanh Café: 229, Pham Ngu Lao St., Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, HCMC. Schedule 8:00 AM, 20:00 PM, 20:30 PM, 21:30 PM. Ticket price is about $8.
- TheSinhTourist: 246, De Tham St., Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, HCMC. Schedule 7:00 AM, 20:00 PM, 20:30 PM. Ticket price is about $8 - $11.
Note: The above price is only for weekdays. Weekends and holidays may be slightly higher.
3. Train (7 hours – 8 hours)
Besides flights and passenger cars, the train is also one of the means chosen by many visitors because it is safe and offers a scenic route.
From HCMC to Nha Trang, it takes about 7 hours by train. Ticket price is from $11 to $28 depending on the type of chair or bed you choose. Guests can choose 1 of the following trains:
- SE2 departs at 21:55 PM and arrives at 4:47 AM.
- SE4 departs at 19:45 PM and arrives at 3:14 AM.
- SNT2 departs at 20:30 PM and arrives at 5:35 AM.
- SQN2 departs at 21:25 PM and arrives at 6:19 AM.
- SNT4 departs at 22:20 PM and arrives at 7:15 AM.
- SE6 departs at 9:00 AM and arrives at 16:16 PM.
- SE8 departs at 6:00 AM and arrives at 13:18 PM.
Information about the station of arrival and departure is as follows:
- In Ho Chi Minh City: Sai Gon Railway Station, 01 Nguyen Thong St., Ward 10, District 3, HCMC.
- In Nha Trang: No 17 Thai Nguyen St., Phuoc Tan Ward, Nha Trang City, Khanh Hoa.
Today, visitors can buy tickets online at https://dsvn.vn/#/, buy it directly at Saigon Railway Station (No. 1 Nguyen Thong St., Ward 10, District 3), or with a travel agent in the center of District 1.
Nha Trang Railway Station is only 2km away from the city center. From here, you can easily take a taxi to the center.
4. Motorcycle (15 hours – 18 hours)
The riding time from Ho Chi Minh City to Nha Trang by motorbike is about 15 to 18 hours.
For those who like to experience the feeling of exploring nature, traveling on the motorcycle is tiring but it is great fun. Only tourists who come to Nha Trang by motorcycle can experience this.
There are two best routes for you to choose from. An inland route with a total distance of 435km takes about 15 to 16 hours. The second road with a total route up to 500km takes about 18 hours. This is the route riding along the coast.
Here, I will briefly guide the way to Nha Trang by motorbike. I also will have a detailed article about the direction and stop destinations during the road HCMC - Nha Trang City.
This road is suitable for those who love mountain forests.
With this route, from the center of Ho Chi Minh City, you follow Ha Noi Highway and National Highway 1A. Then turn right at Vo Nguyen Giap street, then go through Bien Hoa City and Trang Bom. After that, you go through Da Lat - the city of fog and finally Nha Trang. With 435km long route, you should get there in 2 to 3 days, instead of running a circuit to finish.
With the route up to 500km, you almost see only the sea in the 430km journey.
Start similar with the 435-km-route, but when you come to Long Khanh town, instead of turning left to Tri An, you continue to go straight to cross the Long Khanh and then pass to Phu Thuy, Phan Thiet. This way is faster than going through Ba Ria - Vung Tau, but you will miss Lagi Beach and Ke Ga Lighthouse.
Then, you continue to ride towards Phan Rang - Phan Ri and follow by Cam Ranh Bay. The distance from Cam Ranh to Nha Trang is only about 60km, that means just more than an hour riding you will be in the beautiful coastal city of Nha Trang.
5. Private cars
If you are traveling with a family or a group of friends, renting a private car is a reasonable choice. One way car rental from Ho Chi Minh City to Nha Trang is about $150 for a 4-seat car, $190 for a 7-seat car, and $210 for a 16-seat car. Guests can rent a car at the travel agency in the center of District 1. Or you can contact me and I will assist you with the booking.
I hope this information will be useful to you and that you will have a wonderful experience when coming to Vietnam.